Basic fashion sketch.
To have a pictorial representation of your ideas, before you implement them, you will need a figure that will highlight them. The figure tries to serve the best performance in the design according to needs and trends. However, here you will learn a classic illustration of it.
As a measure we will take the size of the head. In a simple drawing, we calculate the height of the body from the jaw and below to be equal to seven heights of the head. In a freer design we estimate it to be equal to nine head heights.
Measurements are in centimeters. Use the converter below.
You will need a 30 x 40 cm drawing block.
- First we will draw the head. Make a rectangle. For a perfect head shape, we estimate its horizontal dimension to be 2/3 of the vertical. So if we have 4 cm. vertical, then we will have 2.7 cm. horizontally.
Capture the head in the shape of an egg with its sharp side down.
- Draw the rest of the body as shown below.
- The shoulders are 1/3 of the distance from 2 to 3.
- The upper circumference is 1/6 of the distance from 4 to 5.
- The knee is 1/3 of the distance from 7 to 8.
- The ankles are 1/3 of the distance from 9 to 10.